At Hettick Accounting we are continually striving to help you digest all the new tax legislation. We hope you will find the information below useful and utilize the resources we have listed. Please let us know if you have any questions!
Economic Impact Payment (Stimulus Payment): check your eligibility, check the status of your payment, enter your information, and update your information HERE
The CARES Act & Stimulus Payment Basics:
- The amount of payment that you will receive is based on your filing status and adjusted gross income. If you receive social security and are not required to file a tax return, the IRS will use the SSA information for the payment. If you are claimed as a dependent, you will not receive a payment.
- Economic Impact Payment FAQs
- Economic Impact Payments Overview
- Economic Impact Payments Action Items
- CARES Act
- Your 2020 Stimulus Check: Questions Answered
- CARES Act summary from Forbes
- Economic Impact Payments: What You Need to Know
- Why the Economic Impact Payment amount could be different than anticipated
Tax Deadline Change:
- The deadlines to file and pay federal income taxes are extended to July 15th, 2020.
- IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief
IRS and People First Initiative:
- On March 25th, the IRS issued the People First Initiative which does several things to ease the COVID-19 burdens that taxpayers are facing. One important piece is that it suspends installment payments between April 1st and July 15th.
- People First Initiative
Email Updates from Hettick Accounting:
- Tax COVID Update #4 – April 13th
- Tax COVID Update #3 – March 30th
- Tax COVID Update #2 – March 20th
- Tax COVID Update #1 – March 18th
Watch out for potential Coronavirus-related scams! Learn more about how to take extra precautions HERE